JunglePlex Youth Developmental Soccer Program
This developmental program is geared towards children who enjoy soccer and wish to improve their skill set. It is also for those who want to work on individual skills such as dribbling, ball control, shooting, etc., as well as develop some tactical field awareness and sense of team play. Each training session will assist in building your child’s self esteem through stimulating and dynamic game play together with positive encouragement.
Our goal is to teach all our players the most important, fundamental skills of soccer in a fun, productive, age-appropriate, safe and friendly environment. Players will leave our program with new techniques, new energy, new friends, and new goals.
- Session I: begins September 21, 2012
- Session II: begins November 30, 2012
- Session III: begins January 25, 2013
- $150/8 week session
- Ages 5-3: 5-6pm
- 8-week Friday evening program
Weekly Program Curriculum and Schedule
- 10 minutes - Large group warm-up: focus on advanced dribbling moves, turning, “touches” on the ball, change of speed and direction, negotiating space, etc. An advanced dribbling game will always wrap up our first 15 minute dribbling session.
- 35 minutes - Individual Skill Work: each week we will focus on a different technical skill (dribbling, passing, shooting, receiving, goalkeeping, 1v1 defending, 1v1 attacking, combination play, throw-ins, etc).
- 15 minutes - small or large-sided controlled scrimmages to work on the skill of the day. We will also address tactical skills during these scrimmages as well.
- Last few moments – recap of the skills with the coaches, homework question, trick of the day
- Players are sometimes separated within each hour by age and/or gender.
- We will also have a brief “sportsmanship seminar” with the players on the final day of each clinic.
2 Easy Steps to Register
- Fill out Youth Developmental Registration Form completely
- Mail registration form along with full payment to JunglePlex no later than one week prior to the start of each session.
- Mike Pieroni
Assistant Varsity Girl’s Soccer Coach at Carver High School
JunglePlex General Manager
- Deb Foley
Former Plymouth North HS Girls Coach
Former Crusaders United Coach